-
-
-
-

6.29.2015

COLLABS | ADIDAS ORIGINALS FOR SUPERBALIST

As part of the The Way of Us and the #SuperbMe campaign, Superbalist contacted a sister in regards to an oh-so-sweet collaboration. 

Besides Coca-Cola, Adidas is another brand that I'd like to touch base with; so when Superbalist presented the 'very close to the aspiration' offer, I jumped on it. Also, being nominated on the Superbalist 100 (which is a list I'd really like to care for) was a kind gesture from a cute mysterious human (thank you).

Shall we move along swiftly to body of this post?  

Lately, I've been highly enchanted by the Middle East culture, religion, fashion and so forth. And when I saw the Adidas Originals range, only one thought (that had been dwelling on mind for a few months now) sprung to mind:  M.I.A's Bad Girls Video. Strange? It's been weighing on me like a heavy, newborn baby burden blessing but the range was clearly a beautiful backhand hit from Serena Williams. 

Paisley prints (that are so damn reminiscent to those bandanna days) and monochrome colours. Although, I must add, black and white are not my favourite colours to consistently integrate but I guess the challenge was to seek the surrounding colours and bring them out. I hope it worked?

Inspired by M.I.A's Bad Girls video, I thought it would be interesting to marry the sportswear brand with the Middle Eastern traits (with all due respect that is). It's 'conservative', yet cool portrayal of the black and white Paisley print. 

Working with an all women team and very good friends, Diana, Philia and myself managed to execute the vision - ooooweee oooweee ! And I truly am grateful for this opportunity - I love Adidas.

P.S Babies are not burdens! I scratched that nonsense out.



Art Direction and Styling: Tony Gum
Photography: Philia
Models: Diana Musoni and Tony Gum


9 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes. Your work is sooo lit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually surprised... First time seeing this fashion... Awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony! Whoah girl first time I'm seeing your blog. Exquisite! Cape Town for the win :D

    Check out my blog if you have time Advice for the Mad

    http://adviceforthemad.blogspot.co.za/2015/09/how-i-lost-my-first-tinder-date.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony! Whoah girl first time I'm seeing your blog. Exquisite! Cape Town for the win :D

    Check out my blog if you have time Advice for the Mad

    http://adviceforthemad.blogspot.co.za/2015/09/how-i-lost-my-first-tinder-date.html

    ReplyDelete


Archive